Apply for this position
Position Title: Systems Administrator
ATI Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Information Technology Director
Compensation Classification: Full-time salaried position
Established in 1986, Assessment Technology, Incorporated (ATI) is a national corporation with a mission to create, distribute, and support technology to promote learning. ATI's applications provide Preschool and K 12 clients with complete instructional improvement systems that assist client-district administrators and teachers in their efforts to improve student performance. Consider joining the ATI team. Working together, our dedicated professionals strive to create technology, content, resources and other tools to improve the lives of educators, students, and team members.
The Information Technology Department is an important component in fulfilling the ATI mission of creating, distributing, and supporting technology to promote learning. The Information Technology (IT) Department plays a significant role in the daily functioning and in the long-term planning of ATI. The Department is responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining system architecture, optimizing performance of all hardware and software used to deliver Galileo Online services to ATI clients, performing client and in-house technical support, and managing the client data import and export programs. The Department works interactively with management and with other departments within ATI to help ensure company competitiveness and client satisfaction.
The primary responsibilities of the Systems Administrator are to perform networking hardware, systems update and ticketing system management, and to effect consistent server maintenance and security operations. This position also serves as a back-up to the Desktop Support and Import Specialist for the Galileo Data Import (GDI) program, importing client Student Information System (SIS) enrollment and demographic information to the Galileo Online Database. All IT staff contribute to in-house and client technical/desktop support on an as-needed basis. This position serves as a backup to these responsibilities. All IT staff also act as part of an after-hours emergency response team, coordinating with the Department Director and senior IT staff when necessary to resolve server/hardware issues during response activities.
- Performance of quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Professional interactions with other employees and with clients.
- Effectiveness as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Independent production while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with supervisors, other employees, and organizations.
- Perform configuration and management of the HyperV virtual server infrastructure;
- Perform configuration and management of networking/storage appliances;
- Perform implementation and management of network architecture and hardware;
- Assist with database server and domain controller availability, security, performance, and maintenance;
- Assist with Microsoft Active Directory management including user account creation/editing and group policy planning/implementation;
- Act as part of a team responsible for responding to after-hours, server-related emergencies.
- Microsoft Exchange and spam filter - assist with maintenance, performance and backup;
- Ensure successful maintenance/backup with MS SQL server databases, and availability of internal databases;
- Help maintain accurate asset tracking information and system updates using Dell Kace Desktop Management Appliance;
- Responsible for assisting with importing data, provided by clients, to the Galileo Online Applications in a timely manner (Galileo Data Import); and
- Assist the Desktop Support Engineer with importation of external standardized test data (AIMS, CST, etc.) into the Galileo Online database (Test Data Import).
- Act as member of the IT Staff in performing ATI desktop computer maintenance and staff user support;
- Assist the Desktop Support Engineer in receiving/responding to client technical support calls and emails and tracking identified issues to closure and performing post-closure client notification;
- Enter all client contact and support cases into the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application;
- Responsible for entering known application issues into the bug tracking system.
- Virtualization providers, particularly MS Hyper-V;
- Storage technologies including Compellent, Equallogic, and Nimble;
- Networking appliances including Cisco, Dell PowerConnect, and Citrix Netscaler Application Delivery Controller (ADC);
- Network security appliances, particularly SonicWall NSA 5500 series;
- MS SQL 2012 - database maintenance/backup and query language;
- Ability to learn public cloud implementations using Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure;
- Knowledge of Windows PowerShell and scripting.
- Ability to show consistent exercise of discretion and sound judgement in fulfilling responsibilities;
- Strength in:
- Analysis and interpretation of data related to IT;
- Critical thinking;
- Complex problem solving and originality;
- Oral and written communication;
- Organizing, planning, and prioritizing time and tasks.
- Resourcefulness and careful attention to detail;
- Ability to learn and apply new skills rapidly and effectively; and
- Ability to work independently or cooperatively within a team environment and to communicate with a wide range of people with varying levels of responsibility and in various settings.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Good visual and manual dexterity;
- Ability to lift 50 pounds;
- Ability to travel as necessary and meet company requirements for mileage reimbursement;
- Ability to carry a pager and respond to after-hours emergencies approximately one week per month;
- Clear and pleasant speaking voice and the ability to provide outstanding customer service via the phone; and
- Ability and willingness to present a professional appearance.
We invite you to apply for this position online through the link provided directly above.
ATI employees receive a broad benefits package, including:
Competitive salary and bonus opportunities
Health insurance with vision care and dental insurance
Cafeteria plan to pay for family insurance and dependent care
Paid vacation, sick-time compensation, and eight holidays during the year
401-K retirement plan after one year of consecutive employment
Short-term disability insurance - Voluntary Participation
Term-life insurance - Voluntary Participation