Advantages of Using Galileo Pre-K Online Assessment
Galileo Pre-K Online supports ongoing multi-method observational assessment of children with diverse characteristics including English language learners and children with disabilities. Galileo is backed by ATI's research program which establishes on a continuous basis the reliability, validity, and psychometric properties of Galileo assessment scales. Galileo's English and Spanish scales for children birth through 5 years provide actionable information on child progress towards standards mastery and school readiness. Additional advantages of implementing Galileo assessment are that they:
- Establish initial developmental profiles assisting teachers record and monitor learning throughout the year.
- Support ongoing assessment in the child's natural environment.
- Organize assessment data from multiple sources, such as teacher observations, parent input, and classroom projects, into one integrated development profile.
- Facilitate child note collection which may include videos, images of work by the child, and documentation provided by the parent. The notes can be linked to a scale, organized in chronological order, and may be printed or provided through the Galileo Parent Center to share with families.
- Provide programs the ability to add or delete scale capabilities and create new scales for local interest or for special needs.
- Present scales in a manner that allows translation of scales into different languages.
- Include a Developmental Screening scale for children ages 3 to 5 years to help teachers identify children who may be at risk of developmental delay.
- Offer readiness levels (i.e. Learned, Plan Now, Plan Soon, and Plan Later) for every goal which identify the capabilities each child is likely ready to learn next. These levels offer information which can guide lesson planning.
For a brief introduction to assessment using Galileo Pre-K Online, watch this short, informative video.
Read more Galileo technology announcements.
Connect with us!