Join Us on a Galileo® K-12 Online Journey through Common Core and Educator Effectiveness Implementation
Co-Hosted by Meredosia-Chambersburg School District #11 (MCSD) and Assessment Technology Incorporated (ATI)
Meredosia-Chambersburg High School Gymnasium
830 Main, Meredosia, Illinois 62665
Time: Noon - 3:30 p.m. CDT
The seminar and parking are complimentary. Map
Parking is in front of the high school entrance. Lunch will be served.
Dan Carie, Junior High/High School Principal, MCSD
Ron Gilbert, Superintendent and Elementary Principal, MCSD
Sheryl Session, Coordinator and Instructor Title I K-5, MCSD
Jason K. Feld, Ph.D., Vice President Corporate Projects, ATI
Baron Reyna, Senior Field Services Coordinator, ATI
The seminar will begin with an open forum discussion about the challenges and successes of school districts in Illinois and other states implementing Common Core State Standards and educator effectiveness legislation. This discussion will be followed by an in-depth exploration of the Galileo K-12 Online Instructional Improvement and Educator Effectiveness System and how technology and research innovations within Galileo are being utilized to support locally designed, standards-based education and educator effectiveness initiatives. Next, MCSD will discuss their first year of Galileo implementation, highlighting District goals, approach to implementation, successes, and plans for 2015-2016. A question and answer period will conclude the seminar.
Significant Galileo innovations in technology and research designed to support implementation of Illinois Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and locally designed educator effectiveness initiatives will be covered during the seminar. Seminar topics include:
- Galileo comprehensive assessment system including reliable and valid assessments in state and non-state-tested subject areas with access to a wide range of item types to measure student progress toward and mastery of standards;
- Continuous program of research and extensive statistical analysis for assessments built-in or imported into the system;
- Multi-level Dashboard reporting to guide effective and efficient differentiated instruction;
- Locally customizable Digital Curriculum Platform to develop, implement, and manage curriculum and instruction; and
- Ability to support local school district educator effectiveness initiatives.