for this position
ATI Position Announcement:
Professional Development Specialist
ATI Department: Professional Development
Reports to: Professional Development Director
Compensation Classification: Full-Time Salaried Position
Salary: Competitive – Based on skills and experience. ATI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Onsite Position: Corporate Office in Tucson, Arizona
Established in 1986, Assessment Technology, Incorporated (ATI) is a national corporation with a mission to create, distribute, and support technology to promote learning. ATI's applications provide Preschool and K-12 clients with complete instructional improvement and effectiveness systems that assist client-district administrators and teachers in their efforts to improve student performance.
The Professional Development Department plays an important role in fulfilling the ATI mission of creating, distributing, and supporting technology to promote learning. The Department is depended upon to prepare, organize, and provide professional development offerings and materials to clients on the use of Galileo Online for the purpose of enhancing student learning opportunities, to assist clients in the utilization of data in decision making, and to participate in company research activities. The Department works interactively with management and with other departments within ATI to help ensure company competitiveness and client satisfaction.
The primary function of the Professional Development Specialist is to provide professional development in varying formats, to a variety of Pre-K and K-12 audiences, across the United States. The Professional Development Specialist travels frequently beyond Tucson to directly instruct clients on utilizing the Galileo system, analyzing data, accessing standards-based instructional content, implementing interventions, designing curricula, and evaluating instructional effectiveness. In addition, the Professional Development Specialist prepares and organizes professional development sessions and writes or revises instructional materials. The Professional Development Specialist works interactively with teachers, program/district administrators, and other educators to support the continued implementation of Galileo Online and aid ongoing client professional development. Additionally, the Professional Development Specialist may be called upon to assist other departments and/or represent the Professional Development Department on interdepartmental projects.
General Employment Expectations:
All employees are expected to provide the following in the workplace:
- Performance of quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Professional interactions with other employees and with clients.
- Effectiveness as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Independent production while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with supervisors, other employees, and organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain and continue to expand on a strong knowledge of ATI’s services and products.
- Work directly with clients to plan and provide on-site professional development sessions.
- Schedule, manage, and coordinate the delivery of on-site professional development sessions. This includes managing a calendar and ordering materials for delivery to professional development site.
- Create professional development agendas, revise materials, and create new material as needed.
- Create, setup, and manage online tutorials and courses.
- Manage and maintain the Professional Development Online Help Files.
- Write and/or revise instructional content to assist educators in the effective use of ATI products.
- Develop a close working relationship with the Professional Development Director. This includes:
- Working collaboratively to plan for and deliver professional development sessions;
- Monitoring the effectiveness of professional development sessions;
- Working collaboratively with the Director and other ATI departments to offer educational expertise and knowledge when appropriate;
- Providing quality professional development experiences to clients; and
- Managing and/or performing limited clerical duties associated with the position.
- Document in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application (e.g., Goldmine) all client-specific work so the information is accurate, complete, and readily available to the various ATI departments (Assessment and Instructional Design, Corporate Projects, Educational Management Services and Field Services) and upper management dependent on it.
- Work safely and keep work area clean and free of any safety hazards.
- Adhere to all company personnel guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
Minimum Professional Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or with a teaching certificate.
- Two or more years teaching experience.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills required.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to write technical and instructional content.
- An appreciation for and understanding of standards-based education.
- A basic understanding of educational assessments and instructional tools.
- The ability to apply classroom experience and pedagogy to the position.
- Strong Windows-based computer and Internet research competencies.
- Additional essential professional skills include:
- Ability to show consistent exercise of discretion and sound judgment;
- Strength in analysis and interpretation of the written word; critical thinking; complex problem solving and originality; oral and written communication; and organizing, planning, and prioritizing time and tasks;
- Resourcefulness and careful attention to detail;
- Ability to learn and apply new skills rapidly and effectively; and
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team environment and to communicate with a wide range of people at varying levels of responsibility and in various settings.
- Physical competencies:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Good visual and manual dexterity;
- Ability to lift 25 pounds;
- Ability to transport and carry equipment necessary for professional development sessions;
- Clear and pleasant speaking voice;
- Ability to travel frequently and meet the company requirements for mileage reimbursement; and
- Ability/willingness to present a professional appearance.
Apply for this position
We invite you to apply for this position online through the link provided directly above.
ATI Benefits Summary:
ATI employees receive a broad benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Company paid health insurance with vision care and dental insurance
- Cafeteria plan for employees wishing to pay for family insurance through the ATI group policies and for dependent care
- Paid vacation, sick-time compensation, and eight holidays during the year
- 401-K retirement plan after one year of consecutive employment
- Short-term disability insurance - Voluntary Participation
- Term-life insurance - Voluntary Participation
ATI is an Equal Opportunity Employer