Apply for this position
Position Title: Helpdesk Technician
ATI Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Information Technology Director
Compensation Classification: Full-time salaried position
Established in 1986, Assessment Technology, Incorporated (ATI) is a national corporation with a mission to create, distribute, and support technology to promote learning. ATI's applications provide Preschool and K 12 clients with complete instructional improvement systems that assist client-district administrators and teachers in their efforts to improve student performance. Consider joining the ATI team. Working together, our dedicated professionals strive to create technology, content, resources and other tools to improve the lives of educators, students, and team members.
The Information Technology Department is an important component in fulfilling the ATI mission of creating, distributing, and supporting technology to promote learning. The Information Technology (IT) Department plays a significant role in the daily functioning and in the long-term planning of ATI. The Department is responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining system architecture, optimizing performance of all hardware and software used to deliver Galileo Online services to ATI clients, performing client and in-house technical support, and managing the client data import and export programs. The Department works interactively with management and with other departments within ATI to help ensure company competitiveness and client satisfaction.
The primary responsibility of the Helpdesk Technician is to provide technical and desktop/peripheral support for in-house staff, and clients of ATI's online products. This position also assists with uploading client Student Information System (SIS) enrollment and demographic information into the Galileo Online database (Galileo Data Import). An additional responsibility of this position is to act as part of an IT after-hours emergency response team, coordinating with the Department Director and senior IT staff when necessary to triage and support problem management during occasional off-hours incidents involving key IT services.
- Performance of quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Professional interactions with other employees and with clients.
- Effectiveness as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Independent production while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with supervisors, other employees, and organizations.
- Responsible for in-house desktop and software troubleshooting;
- Responsible for receiving/responding to client technical support calls and emails;
- Enter known application issues into bug tracking system, tracking identified issues to closure, and performing post-closure client notification;
- Enter all client contact and support cases into customer relationship management (CRM) application (e.g., Goldmine).
- Design and implement student forms for standardized test scores as well as extended demographic data as desired by the client.
- Ability to show consistent exercise of discretion and sound judgment in fulfilling position responsibilities;
- Strength in:
- Analysis and interpretation of data related to IT,
- Critical thinking,
- Complex problem solving and originality,
- Organization of time and tasks,
- Decision making,
- Oral and written communication,
- Resourcefulness and careful attention to detail;
- Ability to learn and apply new skills rapidly and effectively; and
- Ability to work independently or cooperatively within a team environment and to communicate with a wide range of people with varying levels of responsibility and in various settings.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Good visual and manual dexterity;
- Ability to lift 50 pounds;
- Ability to travel as necessary and meet company requirements for mileage reimbursement;
- Ability to carry a pager and respond to after-hours emergencies approximately one week per month;
- Clear and pleasant speaking voice and the ability to provide outstanding customer service via the phone; and
- Ability and willingness to present a professional appearance.
We invite you to apply for this position online through the link provided directly above.
ATI employees receive a broad benefits package, including:
Competitive salary and bonus opportunities
Health insurance with vision care and dental insurance
Cafeteria plan to pay for family insurance and dependent care
Paid vacation, sick-time compensation, and eight holidays during the year
401-K retirement plan after one year of consecutive employment
Short-term disability insurance - Voluntary Participation
Term-life insurance - Voluntary Participation