for this position
ATI Position Announcement:
ATI Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Information Technology Director
Compensation Classification: Full-time Salaried Position
Salary: Competitive – Based on skills and experienc
Onsite Position: Corporate Office in Tucson, Arizona
Established in 1986, Assessment Technology, Incorporated (ATI) is a national corporation with a mission to create, distribute, and support technology to promote learning. ATI's applications provide Preschool and K 12 clients with complete instructional improvement and effectiveness systems that assist client-district administrators and teachers in their efforts to improve student performance.
The Department is responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining system architecture, optimizing performance of all hardware and software used to deliver Galileo Online services to ATI clients, performing client and in-house technical support, and managing the client data import and export programs. The Department works interactively with management and with other departments within ATI to help ensure company competitiveness and client satisfaction.
The primary function of the Database Administrator is to support the operation of all ATI databases, with the Galileo database being the primary focus. This position may also assist in monitoring network/server performance and ensure continued operation of IT systems. An occasional and additional responsibility of this position is participation in the IT emergency response team.
Minimum Professional Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field. Note: Certification and experience may be allowed as substitute for this requirement.
- At least 3 years of experience as a SQL Server DBA administering a DB in excess of 100GB and 20 tables using SQL Server 2008 or higher.
- IT certification (preferably Security+, CCNA, MCSA, or MCSE).
- System Administrator experience.
- Knowledge of database structure and theory, including relational DB design and table normalization.
- Strong familiarity with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Strong T-SQL and ANSI SQL skills. Ability to write and modify complex T-SQL scripts is a must.
- Detailed knowledge of SQL Server Jobs and Job Activity Monitor.
- Experience with database tracing, profiling, and performance analysis.
- Experience implementing, managing, and testing failover solutions for SQL Server.
- Ability to analyze existing DB schema and make recommendations to improve performance and/or scalability.
- Experience with DB backup/restore and Disaster Recovery Planning including full backup, differential backup, and log backup.
- Conceptual understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and hosting a database in the cloud.
- History of working cooperatively within a team environment and communicating with a wide range of people with varying levels of responsibility and in various settings along with demonstrated ability to work independently at times with minimal supervision and assistance.
Apply for this position
We invite you to apply for this position online through the link provided directly above.
ATI Benefits Summary:
ATI employees receive a broad benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunities
- Health insurance with vision care and dental insurance
- Cafeteria plan for employees wishing to pay for family insurance through the ATI group policies and for dependent care
- Paid vacation, sick-time compensation, and eight holidays during the year
- 401-K retirement plan after one year of consecutive employment
- Short-term disability insurance - Voluntary Participation
- Term-life insurance - Voluntary Participation