for this position
ATI Position Announcement:
Assessment and Instructional Design Specialist – English Language Arts
ATI Department: Assessment and Instructional Design
Reports to: Assessment and Instructional Design Director
Compensation Classification: Full-Time Salaried Position - FLSA Exempt
Salary: Competitive – Based on skills and experience. ATI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Onsite Position: Corporate Office in Tucson, Arizona
The Assessment and Instructional Design Department plays a major role in ATI’s mission of creating, distributing, and supporting technology to promote learning. The department creates online content and assessment items in multiple subjects for grades K-12. Content is integrated into assessments aligned to academic standards and instructional goals. The data collected from the assessment tools can be used by client-district staff to inform instruction and professional development decisions. The department works interactively with management and with other departments to develop and enhance ATI’s Galileo K-12 Online products in an ever-changing marketplace.
The primary responsibility of the Assessment and Instructional Design Specialist - English Language Arts is to prepare language arts content for use in Galileo K-12 Online. Content is written to conform to proprietary Galileo K-12 Online specifications aligned to state academic standards. The Assessment and Instructional Design Specialist - English Language Arts will be an integral member of a team of writers engaged in producing the highest quality content through a process of extensive research into educational and assessment best practices, familiarity with the standards and question styles of multiple states, and development of skill in writing expertly in multiple genres, grades, and styles. The Assessment and Instructional Design Specialist - English Language Arts will be provided with comprehensive guidelines and resources to assist in developing content and will be involved in refinement of the items and specifications through a rigorous peer review and editing process.
The Assessment and Instructional Design Specialist for English Language Arts must have a thorough understanding of English language arts, grammar, and literature. The Specialist needs to be creative in developing stimulus materials and diverse measurements of student skill and knowledge. The preferred candidate will have strong creative and nonfiction writing skills, the ability to read and evaluate critically, skill in writing to specified audience, the ability to conduct efficient and comprehensive internet research, and experience and comfort in both providing and receiving edits in a collegial manner. This position requires intellectual flexibility to accommodate multiple long-term and short-term projects. Additional experience in cross-disciplinary content for social studies, science, math, or Spanish is also valued.
General Employment Expectations:
All employees are expected to provide the following in the workplace:
- Performance of quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Professional interactions with other employees and with clients.
- Effectiveness as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Independent production while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with supervisors, other employees, and organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create item prototypes and items in Galileo K-12 Online Bank Builder to measure specific academic standards through online/offline assessment.
- Create instructional materials and resources for use by teachers.
- Assist in development of item specifications to generate consistent measurement of academic standards.
- Collaborate with other content specialists for the purpose of editing and review of items and instructional dialogs.
- Create supplementary materials (including but not limited to: images, short text, diagrams) to assist in measurement of academic standards.
- Develop and update appropriate mappings of item specifications to state standards.
- Maintain awareness of current state standards, methods, trends and research results in assessment and instruction to develop relevant and effective educational resources.
- Communicate with Assessment and Instructional Design Director regarding progress, necessary tools and resources, and issues relating to the efficient and successful development of item banks and instructional dialogs.
- Work safely and keep work area clean and free of any safety hazards.
- Adhere to all company personnel guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
Minimum Professional Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Extensive knowledge of English language arts particularly in the areas of instructional methods related to reading and language acquisition, writing rubrics, and grade-level appropriate text selection.
- Knowledge of grade-specific language arts curricula.
- Excellent writing skills in the educational content area of English languages arts.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail in editing and revising one’s own work and the work of others.
- Strong Windows-based computer and Internet research competencies.
- Additional essential professional skills include:
- Ability to show consistent exercise of discretion and sound judgment in fulfilling position responsibilities including in the selection of content characteristics and presentations;
- Strength in critical thinking, complex problem solving and originality, both written and oral communication, and organization of time and tasks;
- Resourcefulness and careful attention to detail;
- Ability to learn and apply new skills rapidly and effectively; and
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team environment and to communicate with a wide range of people at varying levels of responsibility and in various settings.
- Physical competencies:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Good visual and manual dexterity;
- Ability to transport and carry equipment (up to 25 pounds) necessary for demonstration of company item banks and instructional dialogs to clients/prospective clients when needed;
- Ability to travel as necessary and meet company requirements for mileage reimbursement;
- Clear and pleasant speaking voice; and
- Ability/willingness to present a professional appearance.
Apply for this position
We invite you to apply for this position online through the link provided directly above.
ATI is an Equal Opportunity Employer